PHYSICAL THERAPY SERVICES
With a service oriented staff and state-of-the-art facilities, St. Luke 's Therapy Services of Sevierville provides excellent patient care and comprehensive rehabilitation services to our community.
Our experienced staff can evaluate and treat a variety of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions, as well as post-surgical cases, utilizing manual therapy techniques, therapeutic exercises and modalities.
In addition, we have specialties in the areas of:
- Lymphedema Management : A specialty program designed to decrease risk of infection and reduces swelling of body parts following injury or disease.
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction: A program to strengthen weakened pelvic muscles using specialized equipment to help the patient gain control of natural body function.
- Work Conditioning: The work condition program is designed to increase strength and physical endurance required for safe return to work.
- Work Hardening : An individualized, job specific therapy program that consists of progressive exercise and simulated work activities required for return to work.
- Orthotic Fabrication: An in-depth biomechanical assessment of the upper and lower extremity to determine the most effective orthotic option.
- Graston Technique: Graston Technique is a therapeutic method for treating disorders of the skeletal muscles and related connective tissue. The Graston technique is a soft tissue technique designed to mobilize, reduce and reorganize fibrotic restrictions in the neuromusculoskeletal system.
- Wound Care: Most open wounds fail to heal within a predictable time, and it becomes chronic and demonstrate a long progression phases of healing, most often in inflammatory phase. Physical Therapist play a crucial role to healing by using specific interventions to enhance healing and results, such as Debridement, Whirlpool, and Modalities.
- Kinesiotaping: Most of our therapists are certified Kinesiotape practioners. Kinesiotape can be used to treat a virtually limitless number of ailments and injuries. Whether you're taping to alleviate chronic pain or reduce swelling in a new injury, the versatility of kinesiotapes makes it appropriate for nearly all treatment.
- Dry Needling: Integrative Dry Needling (IDN) not just "treating trigger points" but addressing nervous system dysfunction. The 3 S's (symptomatic, segmental, systemic) Treat 3 I's (inflammation irritation inhibition)
- Senior Fitness Certification: Under the supervision of NSCA trainer, our Senior Fitness Program, Club 1014, offers a comprehensive fitness program based on each individual's fitness level and goals.
AQUATIC THERAPY SERVICES
The physical properties of water make it a highly desirable medium for treating pain and musculoskeletal injuries. Some of the most important properties are:
- Decreases Trauma to Joints: Buoyancy takes the weight off of our joints so people with flexibility problems can move in ways they usually can't on land. Those with limited movement due to arthritis or obesity can get a cardiovascular workout without the risk of jarring joints or falling. Buoyancy can be increased with the use of floats.
- Builds Strength: Viscosity resists movement by means of friction, allowing strengthening and conditioning of an injury, while reducing the risk of further injury due to loss of balance.
- Reduces Swelling: The hydrostatic pressure of water reduces swelling and inflammation in joints, making workouts easier and less painful.
Together, these properties allow development of a therapeutic exercise regimen that controls such critical factors as the weight placed on the spine and risk of injury due to unintended movements.
Out-patient Physical Therapy and Aquatic Therapy requires a referral from a physician or health care provider.
Aquatic therapy pool with lift chair
Triton DTS 600 Traction System Table
Therapy treatment tables with privacy screens
Therapy equipment and indoor walking track
Hi-Low ADAPTA treatment bed
Exercise and Therapy Equipment
- PTPN (Physical Therapy Provider Network)
- TPTA (Tennessee Physical Therapy Association)
- Better Business Bureau
- APTA (American Physical Therapy Association)
- Isernhagen Work System
- Sevierville Chamber of Commerce
Copyright 2013. All rights reserved